The Novoville Shared Repairs team.
The Novoville Shared Repairs app was developed in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council and launched in 2021 to help make the shared repairs process smoother.
This month we have a guest article from the creators of Novoville Shared Repairs, explaining the reasoning behind the app and its key features that help make shared repairs more manageable.
Novoville Shared Repairs: Revolutionising common repairs and maintenance in Scotland
Maintaining the condition of properties is essential for both their longevity and the safety of occupants. In Scotland, where many properties consist of shared spaces and communal structures, the task of managing repairs can be challenging and complex. However, Novoville, an innovative digital platform, has emerged as a game-changer in the realm of shared repairs, streamlining the process and empowering communities to take better care of their properties.
The challenge of shared repairs
Scotland’s urban landscape is dotted with residential properties comprising multiple flats, tenements, and communal areas. Shared ownership and responsibility for these properties pose unique challenges when it comes to maintenance and repairs. Identifying issues, coordinating efforts among owners, and managing finances for necessary repairs can be time-consuming and complicated. This has often led to delays in addressing problems, risking further damage to the properties and diminishing the quality of living for residents.
An overview of the app
Novoville Shared Repairs is an innovative digital platform designed to facilitate and streamline the process of property maintenance and shared repairs in Scotland. The platform serves as a central hub where property owners, tenants, property managers, and local authorities can collaborate and efficiently address repair needs.
Key features and functionality
- Intuitive reporting system: Novoville allows residents to report maintenance issues, such as leaks, electrical problems, or structural damages, through an easy-to-use mobile app. The platform ensures that repair requests are efficiently documented and directed to the relevant parties.
- Transparent communication: Transparent communication is vital in shared repairs. Novoville enables seamless communication among all stakeholders, providing updates, discussing repair progress, and seeking consensus on decisions. This fosters a sense of community and responsibility among residents.
- Financial management: Shared repairs often entail financial contributions from multiple parties. Novoville incorporates an in-app payments account and a financial management feature that calculates individual cost shares, tracks payments, and provides transparency in financial transactions.
- Monitoring and analytics: The platform offers insightful analytics and monitoring tools that enable property managers and local authorities to track the effectiveness of repairs, identify recurring issues, and plan for long-term maintenance.
Benefits for property maintenance in Scotland
- Timely repairs: Novoville Shared Repairs facilitates the swift reporting and resolution of maintenance issues. By streamlining the process, properties receive timely attention, preventing minor problems from escalating into major and costly repairs.
- Enhanced community engagement: The platform fosters a sense of community among residents by involving them in the repair decision-making process. Increased engagement leads to better upkeep and care of shared spaces.
- Cost-efficiency: Novoville optimises the allocation of resources, ensuring that repair budgets are utilised effectively. This cost-efficient approach benefits property owners, managers, and tenants alike.
- Improved property value: Regular and well-maintained properties retain their value overtime. With Novoville Shared Repairs, properties in Scotland can retain their appeal and value, benefiting property owners and the wider community.
Novoville Shared Repairs has emerged as a transformative force in Scotland’s property maintenance landscape. By leveraging digital technology and community engagement, the platform simplifies the process of shared repairs, benefiting property owners, tenants, and local authorities alike. With its efficient approach to maintenance and repair management, Novoville is undoubtedly a significant step towards creating safer, well-maintained, and vibrant communities throughout Scotland.
Novoville is currently partnered with several local authorities across Scotland, including:
- Perth & Kinross
- East Ayrshire
Novoville is also about to partner with local authorities in Aberdeen, East Renfrewshire, and East Lothian, so watch this space.
Even if your local authority isn’t listed here, you can still use the app. Being partnered with a local authority just means that Trusted Trader schemes and local contractors are available to organise works via the app.
Check out the Novoville app today by visiting their website or downloading the app for free onto your phone.