Acoustic engineers

Acoustic engineers are trained in the study of sound and how it moves through different materials.

Acoustic engineers can advise on how to deal with noise problems in your building and may be employed directly or brought in by your architect or surveyor.

There is no searchable listing page where you can find acoustic engineers, so you will need to conduct an internet search yourself. However, you can check that the person you have found is a member of the Institute of Acoustics.

Acoustic engineers may specialise in noise in a range of environments, so check that they have experience in dealing with your type of building.

Next steps

Institute of Acoustics