Providing Evidence

Council Officers and Police need proof of antisocial behaviour. They may be able to provide this themsleves but you can also help and its simple and safe to do.

You may be asked for evidence of antisocial behavior.

  • Keep a diary of events, your and your problem neighbour’s actions and the impact on you
  • Ask your neighbours to keep diaries too
  • If you have smart phones, record the noise and give this to the police or council officers to demonstrate the nature of the noise affecting you

You can also ask other people to act as independent witnesses, particularly useful if you are frightened to get involved. These other people could be neighbourhood wardens or private detectives.

If the problem is noise, you can back up the evidence in your diary with results from a noise measuring app that you can install on a smart phone.