Plumbing leaks

Leaks from above - an overflowing bath or a nail through a central heating pipe - can damage decorations and lead to rot if not repaired.

Rectifying the damage caused by leaks is the responsibility of the person who owns the pipes.  That owner should claim on his individual buildings insurance.

If you have a common block insurance policy to which all owners contribute,then you claim on this policy for the plumbing leak.

If the leak is from a common pipe then claim on the common block insurance policy if you have one. If you don't have a block policy then treat this as a common repair and leave it up to owners to make individual claims.

You may also be able to claim on your own buildings insurance if you can't recover costs from your neighbours.